Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Keight is Eight

Today is my eighth birthday! I'm having a swim party at our pool- it will probably be the only time I will get to swim on my birthday.  I woke up SO EARLY and SO EXCITED.
Opening my presents was fun.

I got two books, two pairs of shoes, a Playmobil Golden Surprise Egg, and...

...A TELESCOPE!  I've been wanting a telescope for a long time.

15 comments:

  1. 8 already, Miss Kate?! You have grown up so fast! You are a beautiful, smart and sweet girl! Hope you have an amazing and fun birthday! Lots of birthday hugs, Dara

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday Kate. from:Elyse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kate! We miss you, but hope you're having SO much fun in the Philippines! You look absolutely adorable in your birthday pictures and it looks like you got some nice gifts. We hope your swim party is fun and we mostly wish we could be there to swim with you. Love you lots! Beau & Emilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie Kate! I can't believe you are 8!!! I miss the days when we would sit and read stories together :) You are so beautiful and sweet and smart! We can't wait for you to come back so we can visit you. Have a great adventure in the Philippines! Love you lots,
    Cheryl and the whole Haws family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I hope you are having lots of fun. I like you. Love, Kaisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday sunshine! It's been a great 8 years and I love you tons. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate we miss you! Jake, DB, and Sophie want to wish you the best birthday ever! We can't believe you are 8 already! You will for sure never forget this birthday in the Philippines! We hope to be able to celebrate your half birthday this summer. Have fun and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Happy birthday to you! I think you are going to LOVE the telescope. Last year for Christmas Bennett got a telescope and Owen got a microscope. We have fun looking at things that are realllly far away, and realllllly up close.

    Love you lots, Kate!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Kate! I love following your blog. Your mom is my friend, and I have a son your exact age, so I've showed him your blog; it's fun to imagine what it would be like to be a kid in the Philippines. I hope you have a fantastic birthday! Rachel Beck (Raleigh, North Carolina)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Kate,
    I hope that you had a wonderful day! I remember when you were born--and it doesn't feel like that long ago! Pretty sure your mom has told you as much...;)
    Lachlan wants to know if you have seen any snakes. Jack has a book about snakes and some of the most dangerous snakes in the world live in P. She is very concerned that you will find a pit viper or python near your home. So watch out! Jack thinks that Kiki would maybe like to find a snake and scare your family with it...or maybe just keep it in a box somewhere. We sure think about you a lot when we read that book about snakes! I think about your mom a lot because it is Christmas time and I keep trying to be happy that you are having an adventure, but sometimes I cry when I hear Elvis' Blue Christmas :). Be a good girl and have fun.
    Much, much love,
    Aunt Rose, Lachlan and Jack xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, Happy Birthday to a great kid! I'm sure you don't remember me, but the last time I saw you you were about 18 months and had on a shirt that said "They shake me." Your blog is fantastic, the girls really enjoyed all the pictures, especially the school with the pool! I hope swimming was fun and that you were able to use your telescope last night. Happy Birthday from the Young girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kate,
    Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you get to go swimming today!!! Have a great birthday. I can't wait to hear about what you find looking through your telescope!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kate! You already look older! What an exciting birthday--one you will always remember. Your gifts look like SO MUCH FUN!! Have a wonderful day!
    ~Sister Howard

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Bronco, HaLee and I hope you have a great day! We miss you! Love you bunches!

    Bronco, Jody, HaLee

    ReplyDelete