Monday, October 17, 2011

Dad Eats Duck

BGC stands for Bonifacio Global City.  This is where we live.  It used to be a military base but now it has apartments, offices, malls, and a lot of McDonald's and 7-11's.  There is a 7-11 on almost every corner!  People here call it "Fort Bo."  I like that it is not as busy here as the rest of Manila. 

This is Kiki and me at Bonifacio High Street.  It is a few blocks away from our house.  We walked there today and shopped and ate a donut.

People here eat something called "Balut."  It is an duck egg only instead of a yolk inside it has a little baby duck with bones and feathers and a beak.  They cook it alive and suck it out of the shell.  My dad ate one!  He told me he would pay me $10 to eat one but I wouldn't.  Then he said he would give me the biggest ice cream in the world, but I still wouldn't eat it!

This is at another mall by our house.  There are lots of malls here.  The building behind us on the water is a church that was at the mall.
I met two girls at church.  Their names are Elise and Whitney.  I'm happy to start to have friends.  My mom's friend Jen has a little baby boy, and I also love to play with him.  We swim every day.  So far, I really like the Philippines.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your Dad ate a duck egg!! YUCK. Good for you for not giving in to his bribes. I'm so glad you are making friends there. I miss you terribly and am glad you are having a good experience but I can't wait for you to be home again! We are going camping tomorrow and I stayed up really late tonight watching my mom pack. I love you, Alexis

    ReplyDelete