Monday, January 16, 2012

Tagaytay

We went to a place called Tagaytay.  You say it: Tuh, guy, tie.  It has a palace that you can tour that one of their presidents built but never finished.  It was supposed to be his summer home.  Now anyone can go see it.  The palace overlooks Lake Taal, which has a lake inside a volcano inside of a lake inside a volcano.

Tagaytay was much cooler than the Fort and even had pine trees.  They looked really different from the pine trees at home.

There were lots of stray cats! 

We held two pythons!  There names were Spongebob and Heart.  I thought Spongebob was going to squeeze me to death, but he didn't. 

This is the view from the palace.  On the far right of the island in the lake is the other volcano with the lake in it.  It was a cloudy, rainy day.

We stayed at a place called Eagle Point.  They had two pools, a slide, a beach, and a seawater pool where I swam with baby sharks!

The beach was rocky but I still found some good shells.

I made a new friend- her name is Myaelis, and she is from France.  She speaks French and English and lives just a little ways from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment