Sunday, January 8, 2012

What I Did For Christmas Break

Over the break I went to an island called Bohol.  We stayed at a hotel right on the beach.  The first day we took a ride in a paddle boat. 

A gecko lived at the restaurant we ate at.  There was a live band, and I'm pretty sure I saw him dancing to the music.

This is us on Christmas Day.  Santa found us.  We spent all day at the ocean, or the pool, or the OTHER pool, or eating.

I caught a starfish.  It was very spiky on its back.

The next day we got to cuddle up to a python.  He was six years old and weighed 400 pounds.  Every night he eats two live chickens.  I didn't want to see that.

Pythons squeeze their prey to death and then eat it.  I think that is gross.

I laid my head on him and he was so silky.  I accidentally poked him with my earring but fortunately he didn't squeeze me to death.

I held this lizard.  He had part of his nose eaten by a predator, so they take extra special care of him.

We fed the monkeys.  They were not interested in bananas but really wanted to touch us. 

We also saw tarsier monkeys.  They are only 5 inches long, and if you keep them in a cage they will kill themselves.  Also, they kill their babies.  Also, the weather kills them.  Pretty much, everything kills them.  That's why they are kept on a preserve.  The babies are the size of your thumb.

We went to a butterfly farm and held lots of different butterflies.

Our guide took this picture to give me butterfly wings.

We spent more time at the beach.  The tide was very low, so we caught lots of neat things, including this seahorse!  We saw a puffer fish, sea urchins, starfish, and hermit crabs.  We held the crab until he pinched my sister.

I had an awesome Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great christmas Kate! I bet all your Utah friends are jealous.

    ReplyDelete